Jaipur Rugs is one of India’s largest manufacturers of hand knotted rugs. Headquartered in Jaipur, India, the company’s operations span across 20+ branches, 6 states and 600 villages in India with distribution to over 40 countries with its independent base of over 40,000 artisans. The company also has a large distribution base in Atlanta, United States.
Jaipur Rugs was founded by Nand Kishore Chaudhary in 1978, who started the carpet business with two looms. Over time he moved to Gujarat and the business operations were expanded primarily in tribal regions. Chaudhary moved to Jaipur in 1999, to launch his independent firm called Jaipur Carpets. Jaipur Carpets was converted to Jaipur Rugs Company Pvt Ltd in 2006. At present Jaipur Rugs has businesses in more than 40 countries.
Jaipur Rugs produces a range of rugs, pillows.
Awards and recognition
1. CNBC TV18 Emerging India Award December 2014. Jaipur Rugs was meritorious in the December, 2014 CNBC Emerging India Awards. This was recognized for the benefit of the society as well as the underprivileged.
2. NASSCOM Social Innovation Honors 2014. The award was conferred under the ICI led social Innovation by a corporate (Responsible Business) Category. The Honors recognize innovations that creatively leverage Information And Communication Technology to create solutions to address gaps in social development.
3. IndiaMART Leaders Of Tomorrow Awards. It aims to acknowledge exceptional and distinguished products and services of SME’s in building Robust foundation for a company. Jaipur Rugs won “Leaders of Tomorrow 2014” for 2nd Consecutive year under the category Home Décor and Handicrafts.
4. The Times of India Social Impact Award 2012. Mr. N.K. Chaudhary was awarded by Mr. Pranab Mukherjee, Honorable president of India as the Winner of the ‘The Times of India- Social Impact Awards-2012’ under the Livelihood- Corporate Category, for providing livelihood opportunities for people living in remote distant areas mostly Under the poverty belt.
5. Carpet Design Award – Domotex 2012. The Rug Ruby Room in Aqua color, in the designer collection titled CONNEXTION and signed by Jenny Jones and JAIPUR, has been awarded as the Best Modern Design Superior at the Carpet Design Awards (CDA) 2012. The prestigious awards are organized by Domotex, the world’s leading floor covering fair in partnership with HALI and COVER magazines.