Leon Draisaitl is an expert German ice hockey player who carries out his specialty with the Edmonton Oilers. Having created energy for ice hockey at a youthful age, and clutching the fantasy of turning into an expert player like his dad, he chose to join the U18 advancement association side Jungadler Manheim at 16 years old for the 2011-2012 season.
His story changed the next year after he was chosen through a CHL import draft to speak to a Canadian junior ice hockey side; the rest can be considered as history, for he has ascended to incredible statures. Peruse along to find out about Leon Draisaitl.
Leon Draisaitl Biography
Leon Draisaitl was conceived on October 27, 1995, in Cologne, Germany, to his folks Peter Draisaitl (Father) and Sandra Draisaitl (Mother). His dad Peter was an expert ice hockey focus and previous head mentor of EiShockey Liga side, Cologne Sharks. Very little is thought about the early youth of Leon Draisaitl, nor his initial instructive foundation aside from the way that he spent truly a large portion of his life in Cologne where he was raised by his folks close by his sister Kim Draisaitl.
In spite of the fact that he began playing hockey from a young age, it’s very vital to take note of that he made his expert ice hockey make a big appearance in the 2011-2012 season for the U18 German Development League side, Jungadler Manheim. That season Jungadler Manheim won the DNL title which in the long run prompted him being delegated DNL player of the year because of his wonderful execution over the span of the period. After the achievement he recorded with the Under 18 side, he was marked by Prince Albert Raiders following a CHL import draft.
His huge break in the long run came in August 2014, when he was marked by NHL side, Edmonton Oilers, to a three-year passage level contract. He made his NHL make a big appearance on October 9, 2014, against Calgary Flames with him proceeding to score his first NHL objective against Anton Khudobin, the goaltender of Carolina Hurricanes.
In the wake of showing up, sacking 2 objectives and 4 helps, he was credited back to the Junior Canadian side, Prince Albert Raiders to finish his improvement as a player. On the fifth of January 2015, he was exchanged to another lesser ice hockey Canadian side, Kelowna Rockets. He had an exceptionally noteworthy season with Kelowna Rockets with him accomplishing an aggregate of 28 points in 19 amusements, along these lines driving the Rockets to secure the WHL title and packing himself the individual respect of MVP for his remarkable execution all through the season.
Upon the fulfillment of the 2014-2015 ice-hockey season, he returned back to Edmonton Oilers where he turned into a basic individual from the group. The accompanying season, he broke a record by turning into the primary Edmonton Oilers player in more than 27 years to hit six straight various amusement focuses. Since his arrival to Oilers, he has been on a steady ascent. In August 2017, he wrote his mark to an eight-year contract augmentation worth about $68 million.
See Also: Brad Marchand Wife, Family, Height, Weight, NHL Career
5 Interesting Facts You Need To Know
In the event that you are a devotee of ice hockey or a supporter of any NHL side, it’s unavoidable that you will one day, be associated with a dialog about ice hockey hotshot, Leon Draisaitl. All things considered, when you do, here are five certainties you should take to mind.
1. He is one of the best workers in the National Hockey League and the second-most generously compensated Oiler after Connor McDavid, with him gaining an incredible $8.5 million for every season. In light of his agreement, he is required to continue accepting that sum for quite a long while.
2. On the 23rd of March 2017, he scored a cap trap against the Ducks in a playoff, in this manner turning into the most youthful Oiler in the historical backdrop of the NHL to score a cap trap in a playoff. Note that he was just 21 at the time.
3. Other than being a forward for the Edmonton Oilers, he has shown up for his nation (Germany) at the universal dimension in different rivalries. Some of such rivalries are the World Junior Championships (in 2013 and 2004) and IIHF World Championships (2014 and 2018).
4. Leon Draisaitl has built up a notoriety throughout the years for his affinity at giving to a few philanthropy associations. In 2018, he declared to the media his choice to give $150,000 yearly to the official Foundation of the Oilers Community for the rest of the long stretches of his agreement with the side.
5. The Edmonton Oilers’ hostile forward has a tallness of 6 feet 2 inches and a weight of 101 Kg. His most alluring body highlights, in any case, is his light dark colored hair and his hazel eyes.